Thursday, February 18, 2010

Totally Awesome and EASY Crockpot Creamy Potato Soup

I make this about four hours before. It is so easy and good. I leave out the leeks(what's a leek?), the chives, and I use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom and cream of celery. I do this because I always have cream of chicken soup in the house. Next time I am going to use 1 can of cheddar soup, to make it a cheesy soup. There are lots of possibilities - you can add ham, clams, corn - whatever you like, because is is so creamy, so easy, so good. If you make it let me know what you think!!!

6 potatoes
2 leeks
2 onions
1 carrot
1 stalk celery
4 c. water
1 1/2 tsp. salt
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 tbsp. parsley flakes
2 tbsp. butter
13 oz. can evaporated milk
Chopped chives
Cut all to bite-size. Put all ingredients except milk and chives, in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Stir in evaporated milk during the last hour. Serve with chopped chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment